Upcoming trips in 2013 & 2014 include four trips and a cruise for writers:
- Summer 2013: Ashrams of India & Oneness Meditation Tour
- Sept 21-28, 2013: “The Soul of Paris” Tour – Exploring Architecture, Art & Spirit
- Nov 7-17, 2013: China & Cambodia
- January 12-18, 2014: Writers’ Cruise – Mexican Riviera
The first-ever Screenwriters Symposium was offered by Ojai Writers Workshops at 13th Annual Ojai Film Festival in late October. Workshops included: “Mastering the Dual Elements of Action and Humor” with Stephen de Souza, Legendary Screenwriter who is among the handful of screenwriters whose films have earned over two billion dollars at the box office and “Sell Your Idea, Book, Play or Film Script to Hollywood” with Ken Rotcop, Grandmaster of Pitching. (View the lineup of workshops here: www.ojaifilmfestival.com/screenwriter-symposium)
A huge success, plans are underway to make this an annual event for screenwriters. Mark your calendars for November 2 & 3, 2013.
Ojai Writers Workshops were held June 1-30 at numerous locations throughout in Ojai including The Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, World University, The Well, World University, The Oaks, The Ojai Library and more. The month-long series of writing workshops included topics such as Mythology, Memoir, Novel Lab, Spa-tacular Writing (spa-hopping and writing) and much more! We also were honored to host a fundraiser for the Ojai Library in honor of Ray Bradbury who passed in early June.
Ojai Writers Workshops were held November 11-13 at World University in Ojai. Testimonials: “The workshops were like manna from heaven,” “By far the best writing teachers I have ever encountered! Trust me, I’ve been going to these type of conferences for 20+ years!”
Paris Writers’ Retreat – Ken Rotcop, award-winning Writer and former Creative Head of four Hollywood studios (producing blockbusters such as The Graduate, Charlotte’s Web, etc.) — and whom Oprah calls “the best in the business” — was the featured writing teacher for the inaugural Paris Writers’ Retreat with students attending from the U.S., Belgium, Australia, and Morocco.
Ojai Writers Conference officially launched in Ojai to an overwhelming reception.
- ‘The quality of teachers was unparalleled! This was the best writing conference I have ever attended.”
- “Thanks again for putting the Ojai Conference together. I feel as though it was one of the major stepping stones for moving my life forward.”
- “You set the tone of welcome and energy, and everyone else picked up on it. Such a warm and enthusiastic bunch!”
- “Sequoia, you seem to be a rare bird with a knack for organizing this sort of event, as it seemed that you thought of everything.”
- “Thanks so much! I’ll really look forward to sharing another wonderful event with you in November.”
As seen in the photo above, 16 writers attended a coastal writing retreat at The Cliff House Inn with Deb Norton, the featured guest writing teacher in February 2011.
- Sequoia Hamilton and her colleague Deb Court (John of God Guides) featured in theVC Reporter – a weekly publication reaching 100,000 readers in Ventura County, California.
- John of God featured in Oprah’s December issue of O! Magazine
- John of God featured on Oprah’s television show
- Dec 23, 2010 – CNN Feature on John of God
- Sequoia Hamilton was featured on Law of Attraction Radio, talking about leading Sacred Travels.
Egypt: Magic & Mystery – Modern Inspiration in the Cradle of Civilization.This article by Sequoia Hamilton was featured in Ventana Magazine, a monthly lifestyle publication direct-mailed to 40,000+ affluent households in Southern California. Read it now.
Future Trip Being Planned: Ashes & Snow
Since its debut in Venice, Italy in 2002, more than 10 million people on four continents have attended Ashes and Snow – a traveling exhibition of more than 50 large-scale photographic artworks, a 60-minute feature film, and two 9-minute film haiku — making it the most attended exhibit by a living artist in history! We’ll be immersing ourselves in the exhibit on a daily basis. This trip will be combined with a visit to RIO, as the exhibit is scheduled to visit Brazil next. (Dates TBD)